Saturday 27 April 2013

Ancillary text, Digipak front cover.

Below is the development of my digipak front cover.
 
 
 


For my first edit I started off with something simple and easy on the eye. It is low key, and the main focus in one area the center of thr image. Which is were the writing is featured. I think this is important, as if a cover is too heavily emlished it is sometimes hard to atually work out what the album is for, or who the artist is. This way it is clear who the artist is, what the single is, but the design is still eye catching and draws your attention.
On the cover I have included the use of actual tessellation withing the boarder of the triangle. This is something I wanted to do because i subtly ties to the theme/name of the song, and is something we reffered to heavily within the music video.
 


 
Here is my secod edit. On this I have changed my band name, as I found out that we were not aloud to use the original band name for copyright reasons. This was a slight hastle because all of the stylized writing had been fitted around the spelling of "Alt-J" however I had not drasctically changed my band name and in the end the writing managed to fit in well. I have also added some more embelishment to the boarder around the triangle, then changed the opacity lighter. I did this becasuse I wanted to add something more interesting to the image, without distracting from the whole idea of the traingle, and writing being the center focus of the cover. For a long time I was planning on having this as my final cover.




This is the fiinal didgipak cover that I have decided on. I have added some loose tesselation to the two outside edges of the cover, as I felt it still needed something more. I did this using the line tool on photoshop and carefully placing in the lines to creat a very apealing pattern.
I love how after reading the initial writing, your eye is not quite certain were it should be looking. This is something that will keep and audiences attention for longer, and attract it more in the first place also! My favourite part about this cover is how I have broken conventions of what would be classed as normall for an CD cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment